During our time with ALICT, we (Lizette Crause, Gawie Raubenheimer and JoE) deliver the following training:
Emotional Exploration Expedition (EmmeX)
1. Being a Proficient Community Supporter
- Practicalities of offering emotional support to individuals and groups.
- Basics of offering support – what is “it” and what “it” is not.
- Impact of relationship on support.
- Cultural considerations.
- Confidentiality and Referral.
- Follow-up and additional support
- PCS Personal care: Safeguarding longevity of PCS by focusing on their personal care.
- Personal support structure; Care for the caregiver; Building support structures; – Community.
2. Emotional Awareness
- Identification of loss and life-changing experiences.
- ‘Normalizing’ feelings related to pain and life-changing experiences.
- Identification of feelings and emotions.
- Assessing the influence of events.
- God and Pain.
- Growth – My life, my story.
- Building blocks.
3. Thinking Powerfully
- Being a thought-leader.
- Conquering lies with truth.
- Choosing attitudes.
- Owning Truth in my life.